The birth certificate is issued by the registry office at the place of birth of the child. The administration of maternity hospitals will need the following documents for further submission to the registry office:
- Application for the birth of a child with a mandatory indication of the name (filled in legibly, signed by the father and mother)
- Parents' birth certificates.
- Confirmation of registration at the place of residence.
- Marriage certificate / certificate of marriage or acknowledgment of paternity (if parents are not married).
- Valid passports of parents.
The submitted documents must be issued no earlier than six months ago and must be notarized. Depending on the citizenship of the parents, the list of required documents may vary slightly from case to case.
If all documents are correct, the registry office will register your child and you will receive an (international) birth certificate.